Here’s a very cool scene from Episode 1 of “Only murders in the building” where you’ll hear all these words related to “PASS”.
1. in passing (idiom) – мельком, мимоходом
I know him in passing (idiom) – я с ним мимоходом встречался
2. to pass by sb – проходить мимо кого-то
3. to pass – умирать
4. passing – смерть
DETECTIVE Are you associated with the deceased? (the deseased – умерший)
OLIVER Oh no, we don’t know him
CHARLES We’re neighbors in the building. We live in the building.
DETECTIVE So you don’t know him?
OLIVER Just in passing.
CHARLES Not his passing.
OLIVER Yes, when we’d pass by him.
CHARLES Before he passed.
OLIVER Are you sure that it was suicide?
MABLE It doesn’t make sense
OLIVER That’s right. Even in passing, he didn’t seem the type.
Анна недавно публиковал (посмотреть все)
- Неожиданное значение Present Perfect! - 17.01.2023
- moxie/pizazz/shenanigans – Oliver speaks (Only Murders in the building) - 17.01.2023
- In Passing/Pass/Pass by - 08.01.2023